[rt-users] RTAddressRegexp help

Scott Thomson scott.e.thomson at gmail.com
Wed Apr 18 13:51:50 EDT 2007

Hey Folks,

I'm having a heck of a time setting my RTAddressRegexp value
correctly.  I referenced the wiki page and also some of the older
emails on the rt-user list (something Ruslan sent out in Dec 2005) on
the subject and this is what I have set as my value:

Set($RTAddressRegexp ,
'^(helpdesk|data_services|dataservice|data_service|certification|rt-ds|rt-cert|rt-ec)(-comment)?(\@(rt|rt2|alcott)\.uua\.org$');

It doesn't want to pick up the data_services address, so this keeps
getting added to the CC list.

It does seem to work fine with helpdesk at uua.org though, which is where
most of my tickets come from anyway.

Reading up some, I think I could change it to:

'^(?:helpdesk|data_services|dataservice|data_service|certification|rt-ds|rt-cert|rt-ec)(?:-comment)\@(?:rt|rt2|alcott)\.uua\.org$');

I'm not sure that this will fix the problem though.  I asked the
programmers here at work to take a look at it, but they weren't sure
either.

Anyway, if anyone has any advice, I'd love to hear it.

Oh, and we're on RT 3.4.5, MySQL/FastCGI on RHEL4, and everything else
is working wonderfully as far as I can tell.

Thanks in advance,

Scott Thomson