[rt-users] RTGUI, a Graphical User Interface for Best Practical's Request Tracker

Torbjørn Moen crzy at start.no
Fri Apr 20 09:15:37 EDT 2007

Chris Dunning wrote:
> Torbjørn -
>
>     Depending on the definition of "stand alone application," my
> suggestion may or may not work, but I would look into using the REST
> interface that comes with RT.  You would be limited in that not all
> actions are supported but you can do basic things like pulling
> information about a ticket and replying to it.  This is dependent on
> having an HTTP connection to the server, which makes it not
> "standalone," but if you're dependent on a connection to the MySQL
> database that's not much different.  An advantage to this option is that
> RT handles the ACL checks for you.  If you handle the connection over
> HTTPS I think it would be very secure - at least as much as logging in
> directly to the ticket system through a browser.

Hi

By "stand alone application" I mean an application that you start on
your computer and not a web interface.

I'll take a look on the REST interface either at work or when I get
home, but it sounds interesting. My only concern is whether it will be
able to get all the information that we need in an OK way. I would say
my first concern regarding this is queue handling and updating the view
of tickets in main window.

--
Best Regards
Torbjørn Moen on behalf on the RTGUI developers