AW: [rt-users] RT problem

Ham MI-ID, Torsten Brumm torsten.brumm at Kuehne-Nagel.com
Tue Apr 24 20:44:12 EDT 2007

Hi,

Yes we had it also, special after on on longer time of pt no pot usage (?!?) We fixed it dirty by nightly reboots. Later we switched to mod_fcgid.

Torsten

-----Original Message-----
From: rt-users-bounces at lists.bestpractical.com <rt-users-bounces at lists.bestpractical.com>
To: rt-users at lists.bestpractical.com <rt-users at lists.bestpractical.com>
Sent: Wed Apr 25 02:12:44 2007
Subject: [rt-users] RT problem

I have this strange and unexplainable problem with RT 3.4.6 on RHEL4.
For some reason when using RT for any length of time, I get a
mason_handler process taking up all 2 GB of ram on the server, and
driving the load up to about 40, which causes the system to freeze.
You can see this from a top session just as it happens, the ram usage is
89.9%, is there any way to know what could be causing this?  I've ruled
out fastcgi or apache from being a problem.  Any ideas would be appreciated.

2948 apache    15   0 4317m 1.8g 1412 D   28 89.9   0:36.19 mason_handler.f

--
Justin Zygmont
System and Network Administrator

604.629.8841