[rt-users] Detailed registration of time spend on a ticket

Tommy Abrahamsson tab at secu.dk
Wed Apr 25 01:42:03 EDT 2007

Hi

I'm trying to figure out how to use RT for more detailed time tracking when working on tickets. The reason is that I work for a specific client, which require specific hours and dates - not just "4 hours" - when I send the bill. The bill is monthly, which is why the need for more details.

I'd really like to end up with something like this (note multiple registrations pr ticket):

Date
	Description
	Hours

01012007
	problem with bla bla bla
	09:00 - 11:00

02012007
	problem with bla bla bla 	14:00 - 15:00

05012007
	new problem with bla bla bla
	10:00 - 11:00

I'm not an expert on RT, so my knowledge isn't that great. I was thinking something like a CF pr ticket, ie Workhistory, which gets updated automatically when the ticket is updated. But that'll require that the ticket gets updated precisely when the job is done - which is not always the case :)

So...does anyone have any good ideas?

Hope this makes sense. Thanks in advance!

--
Med venlig hilsen / Best regards

Tommy Abrahamsson