[rt-users] Close with and without notification

Dirk Pape pape-rt at inf.fu-berlin.de
Wed Apr 25 12:42:32 EDT 2007

Hello,

--Am 25. April 2007 07:42:17 -0600 schrieb Warren Macey
<warren.macey at gmail.com>:

> I had a brainwave that said that I could add some custom field and write
> a scrip condition that would check this field on resolve to see if it
> should send the notice or not, but this seemed a little "hokey" to me and
> I just wonder if there is a better, more efficient, way to accomplish
> this.

we use my patch which introduces a new (virtuel) status "resolved (quiet)".
Depending on your RT version you can find it:

<http://page.mi.fu-berlin.de/~pape/rt3/patches/rt/silently_resolve.patch>
<http://page.mi.fu-berlin.de/~pape/rt3/patches/rt/silently_resolve-3.2.3.patch>
<http://page.mi.fu-berlin.de/~pape/rt3/patches/rt/silently_resolve-3.3.patch>

the latter works until 3.6.3 (and will maybe work in higher versions, too).

regards,
Dirk.

--
Dr. Dirk Pape (eAS - Projektleitung Campus Management)
Freie Universitaet Berlin