[rt-users] Default password

John Oliver joliver at john-oliver.net
Wed Aug 1 13:41:52 EDT 2007

On Wed, Aug 01, 2007 at 06:09:42PM +0100, Roy El-Hames wrote:
> Have you any users in your Users table, if not then I would recommend
> re-installing RT, cause you need more than just the root user like the
> user Nobody and RT_System.

Reinstall???

Wouldn't dropping the database and re-running rt-setup-database, in
theory, be sufficient?

Which leads to another problem...

[root at rt3 ~]# /usr/sbin/rt-setup-database --action init --dba rt_user
--prompt-for-dba-password
In order to create or update your RT database,this script needs to
connect to your mysql instance on 10.12.14.149 as rt_user.
Please specify that user's database password below. If the user has no
database
password, just press return.

Password:
Now creating a database for RT.
Creating mysql database rt3.
Now populating database schema.
Creating database schema.
readline() on closed filehandle SCHEMA_LOCAL at
/usr/sbin/rt-setup-database line 192.
Done setting up database schema.
Now inserting database ACLs
DBD::mysql::st execute failed: Access denied for user
'rt_user'@'10.12.14.164' to database 'mysql' at
/usr/sbin/rt-setup-database line 345.
Problem with statement:
 USE mysql;
Access denied for user 'rt_user'@'10.12.14.164' to database 'mysql' at
/usr/sbin/rt-setup-database line 346.

rt-setup-database apparantly can start setting up the database, but runs
into a problem because it tries to access the 'mysql' database.  I
dropped the rt3 database and granted all to rt_user, but it still fails.
So... what is the correct way to initialize the rt3 database?