[rt-users] Custom Field and Scrip Question

Gene LeDuc gleduc at mail.sdsu.edu
Mon Aug 6 12:33:19 EDT 2007

Hi Xavier,

A couple of general comments about what you've posted:

1.  A custom condition is only checked when you set the condition to User
Defined.  With it set to On Comment your custom condition is ignored and
the scrip fires whenever a comment is detected.

2.  If an action is User Defined, the template is ignored.  I don't know of
a way to have a User Defined action in a scrip use a template.  What I do
is stick another custom field in the queue and use it to trigger e-mail
scrips when I want to send mail as part of a User Defined action, or I
perform the desired action within a custom template.

The way I'd do what (I think) you want to do is to use the On Comment
condition and then use Notify Other Recipients with a custom template.  I'd
put your switching code in the template to determine who the message goes to.

Regards,
Gene

--
Gene LeDuc, GSEC