[rt-users] RTFM public viewable

Joop JoopvandeWege at mococo.nl
Wed Aug 8 02:41:20 EDT 2007

Kevin Squire wrote:
> I have been doing about 2 days worth of searching both the mailing list
> and the general web trying to find some example/screenshots/etc of RTFM,
> but with little luck.
>
> I am trying to figure out (1) If RTFM can be used to create/maintain a
> publicly viewable (i.e. no need to log into RT) FAQ base (2) If it would
> fit well into our organization.
>
> Of course no one can answer #2 for me, but I was hoping someone one the
> list was using RTFM as noted in #1 and would be willing to share with
> me the URL or a few screenshots. (off list would be fine if you prefer)
>
> Or do I have this all wrong, and RTFM is only for the "privileged" user?

Contact me offlist if you need access to a RT/RTFM installation on which
you can play around. I have helped people in the past with a demo RT VM
that is run for these kind of requests.

The answer to 1 is that it is possible in more then one way, append a
guest username/password to the URL or change  the login component to
recognise your rtfm URL and act accordingly.

Joop