[rt-users] Custom Fields and Rights Question / maybe a bug

Ruslan Zakirov ruz at bestpractical.com
Wed Aug 8 14:28:52 EDT 2007

On 8/8/07, Ham MI-ID, Torsten Brumm <torsten.brumm at kuehne-nagel.com> wrote:

> Hmmmm, an new right would not fix the core of the problem....i think this
> not only occurs on create, this can also hapen at resolve time.
What exactly can happen?

>  From the workflow point of view we have the situation that a user creates a
> ticket with only limited rights, later groups working at the same ticket
> have more rights and have to set this cf, later groups only need to see what
> happens with this ticket and resolve this...
Ok, if user who creates a ticket has no right to set/modify a CF and
some privileged user should set it later, then why this CF is
mandatory? I think it shouldn't be.

>  I think to bypass the mandatory check and only display the cf if needed but
> with no chance to ut something should be a cleaner solution?!?
"ut" == "put"?

What should we show? Disabled input/select box? User can not set a
field then why should we confuse him by showing it?

--
Best regards, Ruslan.