[rt-users] Search Custom Field for Today's Date

Darren Ellis darren at mepad.net
Sat Aug 11 07:54:59 EDT 2007

Hi All,

I am using RT 3.6.4 on CentOS 5.0.  Everything stock seems to be
working fine.

I've defined a few custom fields, one of which I am using as an
appointment date field.  I would like to create a saved search called
"Today's Assignments" that automatically searches the date field for
today's date and returns matches.

Googling led me to articles that implied that you could use "TODAY"
or "today" as a search criterion.  As yet I am unable to successfully
make this search work.

I have tried the following date formats in the field:

YYYYMMDD (20070811)
MM/DD/YYYY (8/11/2007)

My search criterion line is:
	AND 'CF.{Appt. Date} = 'today'

I have also tried:
	AND 'CF.{Appt. Date} = 'TODAY'

I looked through my copy of RT Essentials and didn't find the
information I needed there either.

Can anyone help?

Thanks.

Darren