[rt-users] Email Notification On Create

Gene LeDuc gleduc at mail.sdsu.edu
Mon Aug 13 17:29:44 EDT 2007

Hi Seb,

Try this.
1.  Create a template (Templates | New template) in the queue that you are
working with.  Call it "NotifyTeamNewTicket".  Paste everything between the
2 "=====" lines below into the Content box:
=====
{ ### Sends e-mail to team when new ticket is created
   my $TeamAddress = 'teamaddress at yourcompany.com';
   my $FromAddress = 'RT <rt at yourcompany.com>';
   my $ticketid = $Ticket->Id;
   my $queue = $Ticket->QueueObj->Name;
   my $TicketURL = $RT::WebURL . "Ticket/Display.html?id=$ticketid";
   $OUT = "From: $FromAddress
To: $TeamAddress
Subject: New RT ticket: $queue / $ticketid

This is message is to notify you that a new ticket (#$ticketid) has been
created in the $queue queue.  You can access it at the following URL:
   $TicketURL

Have a nice day,
Your Friendly RT ticketing system
";
}
=====

2.  Change the $FromAddress and $TeamAddress values in the template as
appropriate.  While you're at it, change the wording of the subject line
and message body to reflect what you want to say.  DO NOT REMOVE the blank
line after Subject:!  Don't leave any blank lines before the code in front
of the code in the  Content box.

3.  Create a scrip in your queue (Scrips | New scrip).  Use
"NotifyTeamNewTicket" for the description.  Make the condition "On
Create".  Make the Action "Notify Other Recipients".  Set the Template to
"NotifyTeamNewTicket".  The Stage should be "TransactionCreate".  Leave the
boxes under "User Defined conditions and actions" empty.

Try it out!

Good luck,
Gene

--