[rt-users] SetStatus and SetOwner scrip question

Stephen Turner sturner at MIT.EDU
Tue Aug 14 14:23:39 EDT 2007

At Tuesday 8/14/2007 02:14 PM, Mathew Snyder wrote:
>I've tried:
>
>$self->TicketObj->SetOwner("Nobody");
>$self->TicketObj->SetOwner(Nobody);
>$self->TicketObj->SetOwner("10");
>$self->TicketObj->SetOwner(10);
>$self->TicketObj->SetOwner(Name => "Nobody");
>$self->TicketObj->SetOwner(Name => Nobody);
>$self->TicketObj->SetOwner(Id => "10");
>$self->TicketObj->SetOwner(Id => 10);
>
>None of these has worked and nothing in rt.log indicates any problems.  I have
>it set up with debug so I know I'm getting as much info as I can.

Mathew,

You may be running into something that's bitten us before - let's say
the ticket is currently owned by "theillien" and you change the
queue. The scrip will change the owner to Nobody, then the form input
is processed. RT sees that the owner is Nobody and that the owner
field on the form is "theillien", so it interprets this as a change
from Nobody to theillien and you end up where you started. Do you
have any entries in the ticket history showing any ownership changes?

Steve