[rt-users] configure fastcgi with RT on RHEL 64-bit

Joop JoopvandeWege at mococo.nl
Wed Aug 15 02:33:16 EDT 2007

fosterjam at adelphia.net wrote:
> Currently I set the env variable LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$ORACLE_HOME/lib ( this points to oracle 64-bit libs) should I be pointing to $ORACLE_HOME/lib32?
To the lib32, if I remember correctly from my Sun/Sparc installations.

> Are you referring to oracle libs or system libs at /usr/lib or /usr/lib64? In this case which one should it point to?
Oracle libs

> On the make for fastcgi , is it OK for for fastcgi to build against /usr/lib64 or do I have to point to /usr/lib and re-run make, make install
I think that depends on your perl if it is 64bit then everything else
should be 64bit too, including Oracle else it should all point to 32bit
libraries.
Personally, I think it has nothing todo with it since you seem to have
made a 64bit DBD::Oracle and the error is that it can't find it NOT that
it isn't the correct ELF version. That is the error that I would get if
I mixed 32/64bit libraries.
Your best bet is to found out what exactly is your LD_LIBRARY_PATH when
using fastcgi. I bet it is reset somewhere along the lines.

Joop