[rt-users] Issue with Extended mail commands / CommandByMail

Helmuth Ramirez HelmuthRamirez at compupay.com
Thu Aug 16 09:10:13 EDT 2007

Well, I don’t know how to “fix it”, but what we do here is put asterisks after we put in our commands and it looks like that stops CommandByMail to continue looking for commands.  If we don’t do the asterisks, then it will definitely continue going down the line looking for words with “:” at the end (this is annoying when forwarding messages into RT).

So, we would do:

Requestor: BillyBob

Owner: JoeSchmoe

***

<content of ticket here>

Also as a side note, we’ve found if you send in Tickets in HTML format it will only read the first “Command” and the not following lines.