[rt-users] Input from any other University or similar

Joby Walker joby at u.washington.edu
Tue Aug 21 18:23:25 EDT 2007

All,

I've been running RT in production for almost 2 years in a fairly large
implementation for just the University of Washington's Computing and
Communications (central IT infrastructure).  We're just about to 220K
tickets, after a fairly slow roll out.  Last week we had more than 2700
new tickets -- and that is during Summer our slowest period.

But now we're in the process of investigating offering RT as a service
to the rest of the campus, which would involve supporting several
similarly sized departments, and many smaller departments.

I am curious if there is anyone else on the list that is currently doing
something similar.

With our current experience with our implementation, we have been
considering some sort of Federated solution -- entirely separate
instances of RT that know about each other and that can communicate
effectively (transfer/link tickets).

Any input or experience would be useful.  Thanks,

--

Joby Walker
C&C SSG, University of Washington