[rt-users] Customer Management with RT?

Robert Long rlong at bluegecko.net
Wed Aug 22 17:15:04 EDT 2007

aaron at thunderbirdbroadband.net wrote:
> Kenn,
>
> SO would my csr need to log in as the customer and initiate the ticket or is
> there a way to change the requestor from the UI as a superuser?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Aaron

Sort answer:  you can change any of tickets data from within the web
interface.  It largely depends on what type of rights the user you are
doing the action has.

And oddly enough, this very old screen shot on RT 3 even shows this
functionality.
http://www.bestpractical.com/images/screenshots/rt/3.0/newticket.gif

You might find more answers to your questions on the wiki:
http://wiki.bestpractical.com/view/HomePage

In particular,
http://wiki.bestpractical.com/view/Requestor

and for what rights you'd need to give a user to set the owner:
http://wiki.bestpractical.com/view/QueueSpecificRights

.r'