[rt-users] Behavior of ticket's AdminCC vs. queue's AdminCC

Fran Fabrizio fran at cis.uab.edu
Tue Aug 28 15:49:27 EDT 2007

I want each member of the sysadmin group to be emailed when a ticket
comes into the 'helpdesk' with no owner (i.e. from the mail gateway, or
from the web gateway with no owner set).  To accomplish this, I added a
scrip to 'helpdesk' called "NotifyOfNewTicketIfUnowned" that has the
custom condition:

if (($self->TransactionObj->Type eq "Create") and
($self->TicketObj->OwnerObj->Id == $RT::Nobody->Id)) {
return(1);
} else {
return(undef);
}

and if true, the action is set to Notify AdminCCs.  All of that works well.

However, if I have a ticket, and I am the owner, and I want to add a
comment to myself, I choose Comment, but that comment goes to the entire
staff.  Or, related to this, if I want to add one other team member as
an AdminCC to this particular ticket because I need his input, I add him
to that ticket's AdminCC field, and then I Comment on the ticket.  And
this Comment goes to the entire sysadmin group.  It seems the queue's
AdminCC trumps the ticket's AdminCC in all cases.

How do I accomplish both of my goals?  I want both the initial broadcast
to all sysadmins when an unowned ticket comes in, AND the ability to
have an individual AdminCC list per ticket (or no AdminCCs at all for
that particular ticket, so that I can Comment to just myself).

--
Fran Fabrizio
Senior Systems Analyst