[rt-users] RTFM 2.2RC5 questions/bugs

Fran Fabrizio fran at cis.uab.edu
Fri Aug 31 14:04:45 EDT 2007

> 2. Saving values of custom fields fails first time.  I created two
> custom fields, a Body and a File Attachment.  I enable them for an
> article class called Email, I create a new article in the Email class, I
> provide a description and summary in the standard fields, and then some
> text in the custom field Body and I browse to a file for the custom
> field file attachment, I click Save Changes.  The article is created,
> the standard fields get their values but neither the Body nor the File
> Attachment contain a value.  If I then modify the same article again,
> and provide the same values, the custom fields then take on the values.
> So, essentially to create a useful article you have to create it, save
> changes, modify it, and save changes again.

Ok, looks like this one is fixed as of 2.2RC6 which I just grabbed from
the link
http://download.bestpractical.com/pub/rt/devel/RTIR_M3/RTFM-2.2.0RC6.tar.gz
(in the earlier thread "[rt-users] Not saving custom fields in RTFM upon
Article creation").  Progress!

--
Fran Fabrizio
Senior Systems Analyst