[rt-users] GD Dependancy for RT 3.6.3

Ketema Harris ketema at ketema.net
Sat Dec 1 12:46:17 EST 2007

I am attempting to install RT 3.6.3 on Gentoo.  It is failing and
tells me the perl GD module is missing, but CPAN and portage tell me
that I have GD version 2.35 installed.

Here what I have done:

1) I searched teh list archives and managed to find a similar issue
at thread:

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/rt/users/63465?search_string=GD%
20is%20up%20to%20date;#63465

This user appears to not have received an answer to her post.  I
emailed her directly in hopes of receiving an answer, but have not
gotten one yet.

2) I found other posts that address the issue of RT thinking a newer
module does not satisfy the dependency it wants.  THe solution in
this thread was to install any way and it would still work.

So my questions are:
A) Can anyone tell me what version of GD RT wants so I can install
that version.
B) How can I force install RT and attempt to use the version of GD I
have installed, if Above is not possible ?

Thank You!