[rt-users] Recurring signin with 3.6.4

Patterson, Craig crpatter at ci.grand-rapids.mi.us
Wed Dec 5 09:20:03 EST 2007

I can't speak for Kenn, he never mentions that he stores his session
data on his servers hard drive.

As for me, there's no specific reason we store it on the drive rather
than in the database.  When my predecessor installed 3.4.2 a couple of
years ago, he set it up that way.  When I upgraded a few months ago to
3.6.4, I left it as it was.

That said, to me, it seems overkill to save session data in the db.  In
my two years as RT admin, I've never had to go back and look up old
session data.

Perhaps someone else can answer whether or not there is an advantage to
one way or another.

Craig