[rt-users] Recurring signin with 3.6.4

Kenneth Crocker KFCrocker at lbl.gov
Thu Dec 6 12:45:12 EST 2007

Joop,

	Thanks. We are currently doing the same thing you are (storing session
on disk), yet I am still getting the two-time loop for sign-ins. What
did you do to resolve the cookie problem, if you had one? If you didn't
have a cookie problem, then I still can't figure out what is causing the
double sign-in. What were you're setup procedures/parameters for storing
session data to file? It perplexes me.
	I was looking thru the archives and the causes seemed to be in two
camps: 1) the DB camp - whereas an alter for the sessions table to
CLOB/ORACLE or LONGBLOB/MySQL seemed to work and 2) the store to file
camp - which listed various causes such as FireFox/cookies/expire date
on cookies/clearing cookies and possibly binary data corruption.
	At this point, I feel the need to ask Jesse what your technical guys
have found out about this problem in relation to ORACLE and/or FireFox?
Did this happen for ORACLE users in 3.6.1 thru 3.6.3? If not, what does
3.6.4 do differently that may cause this? This is critical to our
getting 3.6.4 into production. Any help here would be greatly
appreciated. Thanks.

Kenn
LBNL