[rt-users] RT 3.6 requires two or three logins with firefox and IE

Jesse Vincent jesse at bestpractical.com
Thu Dec 6 15:31:03 EST 2007

On Thu, Dec 06, 2007 at 03:03:26PM -0500, John D Groenveld wrote:
> Bizarre problem I could not spot with Google which leads me to
> believe I'm doing something very wrong.
>
> I have perl-5.8.8, apache 2.6, mp 2.0.3 and RT 3.6.5
> under Solaris 10 and Oracle 10.
>
> With firefox2 and IE, I am prompted to authenticate two or three
> times before I can navigate RT pages without prompting.

It's almost certainly the case that you have multiple valid DNS domain
names for your RT server. And RT's cookies are tied to a specific
domain.

Something like this:
	http://rt/
	http://rt.mycompany.com/
	http://rt3.mycompany.com/
	http://www.rt.mycompany.com/

If you start at one and RT canonicalizes it to another, you might be
fored to reauth.