[rt-users] RT 3.6 requires two or three logins with firefox and IE

John D Groenveld jdg117 at stevens.arl.psu.edu
Thu Dec 6 16:45:59 EST 2007

In message <20071206203102.GH30165 at bestpractical.com>, Jesse Vincent writes:
>It's almost certainly the case that you have multiple valid DNS domain
>names for your RT server. And RT's cookies are tied to a specific
>domain.
>
>Something like this:
>	http://rt/
>	http://rt.mycompany.com/
>	http://rt3.mycompany.com/
>	http://www.rt.mycompany.com/
>
>If you start at one and RT canonicalizes it to another, you might be
>fored to reauth.

The test host only has one valid DNS name.

Currently testing from the coffee shop and I'm tunneling via ssh.

/opt/rt3/etc/RT_SiteConfig.pm has this
Set( $rtname, 'test.example.com');
Set( $Organization, 'RT Rocks');
Set( $WebBaseURL, 'http://test.example.com:8082');

Oddly, sometimes I can connect localhost:8082 with Firefox without
being prompted multiple times and sometimes it takes three times.

Opera nor lynx ever have this problem.

Weird.
John
groenveld at acm.org