[rt-users] Problem with outgoing mail

Keith pdragon at pdragon.net
Wed Dec 12 12:54:32 EST 2007

Your description of the problem lead me to a working solution, so thanks
very much! Below is how I got it working in case anyone else has this issue.

I went to the #postfix chatroom on irc.freenode.net and asked about how to
set up Postfix to use an external SMTP server to send mail. Someone told me
to look into setting up Postfix to use Smarthost with Authentication. Found
this link below for setting up Postfix to use Yahoo SMTP.

http://efflandt.freeshell.org/sbc-smtp-auth.html

Just changed the host information to my own email server information and
everything is working great now!

Keith