[rt-users] CFs in Templates?

Stephen Turner sturner at MIT.EDU
Thu Dec 13 12:34:11 EST 2007

At Thursday 12/13/2007 12:07 PM, JB Segal wrote:

>So how does this mesh with the below-quoted Template Field
>'CustomField-<id#>'? It _looks_ like that's just supposed to Do The
>Right Thing, but it obviously doesn't.
>
>Oh! Or is this a poor naming thing, and really the template field
>should be named something more like CustomHeader or some such?
>
>JB

I think there's some confusion with the term "template". The word is
used for two completely different areas of RT functionality:

1. To describe predefined outgoing email message specifications (as
in Config -> Global -> Templates)
2. To define data-upload format (Tools->Offline)

The code Gene posted relates to 1 whereas the CustomField-<id#>
specifier relates to 2.

Steve