[rt-users] RT 3.6 requires two or three logins with firefox and IE

Joop JoopvandeWege at mococo.nl
Fri Dec 14 03:07:19 EST 2007

Kenneth Crocker wrote:
> To All,
>

>     I would like to hear from ANYONE who has RT 3.6.4 on ORACLE 9+ and
> have managed to get session control to work properly with FireFox or
> IE using either the DB sessions table OR SPECIFICALLY straight to data
> file. We are going straight to data file, have made sure our URL's are
> correct, use LDAP and still no joy. I can't believe that this problem
> could be ongoing in a production ORACLE environment. This problem is
> keeping me from putting 3.6.4 into production. Please Help!
I have, sometimes, the same problem. We are using RT 3.6.5 and Oracle XE
(10g) with session files on disk and FireFox 2.0.11.
To add to the confusing I also plan on using Prism, formerly known as
WebRunner, which uses also the gecko engine and there I don't seem to
have the problem. Keep in mind thats used so little that it hasn't shown
itself.
I tried session data in the db but got stuck with locks. I use an
extension with Firefox called FasterFox and that might be responsible
for the session data not catching on because of multiple downloads from
the server.
Did you check the Changelog? because I think there is (are) some fix(es)
in 3.6.5 for this, but I'm not sure could be that they are already in
3.6.4 (Ruslan, Vincent??).

Joop