[rt-users] modifying $HomepageComponents in RT_SiteConfig.pm

Chris stretchoutandwait at gmail.com
Fri Dec 14 11:50:32 EST 2007

Since I've seen several references to this in the lists, but no
answer, I just want to document here what I've done.  The included
MyRequests, which can be enabled via the $HomepageComponents line in
RT_SiteConfig.pm is apparently something left over from 3.4(?).  Don't
bother with it.  My instructions below work in 3.6.5.

In Tickets -> Advanced, I made this query:  Requestor.id =
'__CurrentUser__'  .   First I tried it with Requestor.name or
something like that, which didn't work.  On the irc channel, jibsheet
suggested Requestor.id, which works.  After entering that line, click
Apply, which takes you back to the query builder.  Here, you can save
that query under "RT System's saved searches" as My Requests or
whatever you like.  Saving it under that catagory will make it
available to all users as an option that can be included on RT at a
Glance.  Further tweaks can be made on the query builder page, like
which columns should be shown under My Requests, what order the
results will be in, so on and so forth.

Thanks to the people on #rt who helped with this.