[rt-users] CFs in Templates?

JB Segal jb at smarterliving.com
Fri Dec 14 19:09:11 EST 2007

Quoth JB Segal (jb at smarterliving.com):
> Kenn,
> This is fabulous! Thank you so much.
> Would you mind me sticking this in to the wiki to fix the broken
> information that's in there?

I tweaked the wiki, mainly noting that what was there doesn't work, but
also including a bit of the howto.

Further wiki searching lead me to
http://wiki.bestpractical.com/view/AddCustomFieldstoTemplates
and Christopher C. Weis' helpful addition. I'm almost there. But...

My problem now is...
This works:

{ my $Pvalues = $Ticket->CustomFieldValues('Product');
  my $AAvalues = $Ticket->CustomFieldValues('Application Area');
  my $OUTPUT;
  while ( my $value = $Pvalues->Next ) {
    $OUTPUT .= "X-Product: ";
    $OUTPUT .= $value->Content;
    $OUTPUT .= "\n";
  }
  while ( my $value = $AAvalues->Next ) {
    $OUTPUT .= "X-Application-Area: ";
    $OUTPUT .= $value->Content;
    $OUTPUT .= "\n";
  }
  $OUTPUT;
}
but is, of course, ugly.

I'm aiming at collapsing this in to a single, extensible loop,
something like:

{ my @CFlist = ('Product', 'Application Area');
  foreach my $CFname (@CFlist) {
  my $CFvalues = $Ticket->CustomFieldValues($CFname);
  my $OUTPUT;
  while ( my $value = $CFvalues->Next ) {
    $CFName =~ s/ /-/g;
    $OUTPUT .= "X-$CFname: ";
    $OUTPUT .= ($value->Content eq '') ? $value->Content : 'unset';
    $OUTPUT .= "\n";
  }
  $OUTPUT;
 }
}

but this doesn't work.

What am I missing? It's probably REALLY stupid... really, I don't speak
perl.

Thanks in advance and I hope everyone has a great weekend!
JB

--
JB Segal                 617-886-5575            www.smartertravel.com
Systems/Network Admin.   465 Medford St. Ste 400 www.bookingbuddy.com