[rt-users] Rt-remind error

Huw Selley huws at s2s.ltd.uk
Wed Dec 19 12:24:16 EST 2007

Hi Bill,

That line is syntactically correct perl (with perl 5.8.8):

huws at cli-237 ~ $ cat test.pl
my(%map) = (
    'Nobody' => 'YOU at YOURDOMAIN',
    'root' => 'YOU at YOURDOMAIN',
    'queue1,Nobody' => 'ANOTHER at YOURDOMAIN',
);
huws at cli-237 ~ $
huws at cli-237 ~ $ perl -c test.pl
test.pl syntax OK

I would have a look at the lines preceding that and check them for
errors. Failing that run 'perl -c rtremind.pm' and see what the perl
compiler thinks is wrong.

Regards
Huw

On 19 Dec 2007, at Wednesday, 19 December 2007, 425PM, Candelario,
Bill wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to run rt-remind in my ticketing system and get the
> following
> error.
>
>> perl ./rtremind.pm
>
> Error
> syntax error at ./rtremind.pm line 42, near "my"
> Execution of ./rtremind.pm aborted due to compilation errors.
>
> This part of the rt-remind script is where it's having trouble:
>
> my(%map) = (
>    'Nobody' => 'YOU at YOURDOMAIN',
>    'root' => 'YOU at YOURDOMAIN',
>    'queue1,Nobody' => 'ANOTHER at YOURDOMAIN',
> );
>
> Any help would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
> Bill
>
> SAVE THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS ON RT SUPPORT:
>
> If you sign up for a new RT support contract before December 31,
> we'll take
> up to 20 percent off the price. This sale won't last long, so get in
> touch today.
>    Email us at sales at bestpractical.com or call us at +1 617 812 0745.

s2s company email disclaimer    : http://www.s2s.ltd.uk/datasheets/email_disclaimer.pdf
s2s company registration number : 3952958
s2s VAT registration number     : GB763132055
Business premises               : Ground Floor, Overline House, Crawley, West Sussex, RH10 1JA
Registered address              : 29 High Street, Crawley, West Sussex, RH10 1BQ
Place of registration           : England