[rt-users] RT stopped sending mail / No recipients found. Not sending.

Stephen Turner sturner at MIT.EDU
Thu Dec 20 13:44:43 EST 2007

At Thursday 12/20/2007 01:26 PM, Kenneth Crocker wrote:
>Alexander,
>
>         I agree. If RT could not access the DB, then a lot of
> things would not be working. However, my point was really that
> based on the content of the error message, RT thinks that it hasn't
> FOUND the recipient. There could, and probably are, many possible
> reasons for that. Perhaps after accessing the DB, the data gets
> lost in transition or put into an area that got misnamed or is not
> accessible for some reason. I am not a "Systems" guy when it comes
> to playing with those technologies (UNIX, ORACLE, MySQL, etc.), but
> I have been in the business for a long time and my debugging skills
> tell me that RT is having trouble with either capturing the data or
> finding/recognizing it after it has been captured/found/stored.
> Somewhere in that process, the data is either getting lost or it
> becomes unrecognizable, ergo the error message you're getting.
> Sorry I can't be of more help. I am REALLY interested in what you
> DO find when you get the problem resolved. Best of luck.
>
>Kenn
>LBNL

The "No recipients found" message just means that the scrip decided
that nobody should receive mail for this transaction - it doesn't
mean that data is missing or corrupt. For example - if you have a
scrip with action 'Notify AdminCcs' and there are no AdminCcs for the
ticket or queue, you'll see this message in the log.

Steve