[rt-users] fastcgi setup (debian, rt3.6, apache2

Niko Tyni ntyni+rt-users at mappi.helsinki.fi
Sat Dec 22 06:33:24 EST 2007

On Fri, Dec 21, 2007 at 04:49:04PM -0500, Tom Vier wrote:
> I'm trying to use libapache2-mod-fcgid (debian apparently has a problem
> with the fastcgi license). It looks like it's already setup in
> /etc/apache/modes-enabled/.
>
> What am i missing? Google helped a little, but i can't find a solution.

> Starting web server (apache2)...Syntax error on line 27 of
> /etc/request-tracker3.6/apache2-fastcgi.conf:
> Invalid command 'FastCgiServer', perhaps misspelled or defined by a
> module not included in the server configuration
>  failed!

Hi,

as I recall, you don't need the 'FastCgiServer' directive at all with
mod_fcgid.  There's an example configuration file shipped in newer Debian
packages in unstable; see eg.

 http://svn.debian.org/wsvn/pkg-request-tracker/packages/request-tracker3.6/trunk/debian/conf/apache2-fcgid.conf?op=file

Hope this helps,
Niko Tyni   ntyni at debian.org