[rt-users] RT State of the Onion?

Kelly F. Hickel kfh at mqsoftware.com
Thu Feb 1 14:18:06 EST 2007

The first one is a common requirement.  We have a database with all of
our customer details in it (ok, well, we have a db that nearly has all
the stuff in it and some of it is even correct).  We need to link a
ticket to a customer record, not to a person who happens to have been
employed by that customer at the time the defect was opened.  Ideally
Customers (which really means Companies that Have our products) would
have "persons" as sub records.

The idea is that a customer may have opened 10 tickets, but their
contact information and details about what database they're running,
what product(s) they are licensed for, what servers are located where,
what hardware they're running on, are all things that a person reviewing
a ticket needs access to, but you don't want to have to enter it for
each ticket.

With RT you can whip up some kind of url link or something, but there
really needs to be a nice clean interface to some place where the above
data is kept.

--

Kelly F. Hickel
Senior Software Architect