[rt-users] RT State of the Onion?

Jay R. Ashworth jra at baylink.com
Thu Feb 1 16:04:47 EST 2007

On Thu, Feb 01, 2007 at 03:46:15PM -0500, Jesse Vincent wrote:
> > Thank you, Kelly.  Everyone else's reactions to "customer file" were
> > beginning to make me think *I* was nutsabago.
>
> Nope. It's a perfectly reasonable feature request. We've specced it out
> for customers several times.  To do it "reasonably" as part of RT
> requires that RT own your customer database, which it generally sounds
> like the folks who've been looking for this on the list aren't willing
> to have happen.

For my own part, I'd be perfectly willing to deal with that.

I can't speak to *everyone* that's wanted it, but I don't know that
that was ever stated that explicitly before -- though I sort of
inferred it.

> We'd probably model it as RT groups, so that you could usefully model
> who's part of which customer.  The big "hard" bits are probably setting
> RT up to not mail everyone from a customer on every issue ;)

Yeah.

I should assume that either none of the people for whom you've specced
it took it, or that they all took it on a commercial-only license?

On an only vaguely related topic: are there any current screenshots
anywhere?  Did that MIT manual I remember, perhaps, get updated to 3.6?

Cheers,
-- jra