[rt-users] RT 3.6.3: Chaning Orrder by setting in highest priority tickets/newwest unowned tickets

Nick Metrowsky nmetrowsky at digitalglobe.com
Thu Feb 1 16:10:25 EST 2007

Hi Everyone,

I am wondering if this is a bug or a feature of RT 3.6.3. When a user
tries to change "Priority" in "Order by" for "highest priority tickets I
own" and/or change "Created" in "Order by" for "newest unowned tickets",
the change does not take. That is, it returned to the original setting.
I know, in these two cases, that these setting are in the system wide
definitions for these two fields. As a normal user does not see "You can
also edit the predefined search itself:", this is available only to
Super User and I certainly do not want to give that privilege out to
everyone of my users.

Is what I am seeing normal behavior? I was under the impression that
when a user made a change to these settings that the information was
stored in their own copy of a predefined search. RT is acting as if the
user cannot override the first value in "Order by". I gave users
permissions to Modify Self, and to change, edit and view saved searches.
Is there another permission they need?

Thank you for your time.

Nick

---------

Nick Metrowsky

Consulting System Administrator

303-684-4785 Office

303-684-4100 Fax

nmetrowsky at digitalglobe.com <mailto:nmetrowsky at digitalglobe.com>

DigitalGlobe (r), An Imaging and Information Company

http://www.digitalglobe.com <http://www.digitalglobe.com>

---------