[rt-users] Set started date upon opening+owning of a ticket

Ruslan Zakirov ruslan.zakirov at gmail.com
Thu Feb 1 18:50:44 EST 2007

Started date is set to now during status change from 'new' to any not
'new' value. So if you're using an 'auto open' on correspond scrip
then it's set on correspond, however if somebody open it before any
correspond then it's also set.

Try next tests:
* create a ticket, click the open action and look on the dates box
* create a ticket, click the resolve action and look on the dates box

This is how it works since 3.0 may be, at least this is true for 3.4
and greater.

On 2/2/07, Jason Marshall <jasonm at kelman.com> wrote:
> I'd like to set up RT so that the started date is automatically entered
> into the ticket once the ticket is owned by someone, and opened.
>
> >From what I can tell, the started date is filled in automagically, but
> only when someone replies to the ticket (there may be other
> circumstances).
>
> I'm sure I'll need some sort of scrip for this, but I have no idea what to
> put in the user-defined parts to make it 'go'.
>
> Thanks in advance!
>
> ---
> Jason Marshall, Unix Geek, Kelman Technologies, Inc., Calgary, AB, Canada.
>
>    From a Sun Microsystems bug report (#4102680):
>      "Workaround: don't pound on the mouse like a wild monkey."
>
>    "I have great faith in fools:
>       Self confidence my friends call it."  -Edgar Allan Poe

Best regards, Ruslan.