[rt-users] RT State of the Onion?

Kelly F. Hickel kfh at mqsoftware.com
Fri Feb 2 14:04:13 EST 2007

> > Thank you, Kelly.  Everyone else's reactions to "customer file" were
> > beginning to make me think *I* was nutsabago.
> >

> Nope. It's a perfectly reasonable feature request. We've specced it
> out
> for customers several times.  To do it "reasonably" as part of RT
> requires that RT own your customer database, which it generally sounds
> like the folks who've been looking for this on the list aren't willing
> to have happen.

We'd be happy enough to have RT own the customer database (or at least
build scripts to morph the data over from the "real" customer database
regularly).  That would be fine, although I'd think people in other
circumstances might prefer a well defined interface so that they could
adapt it to their existing customer db.

> We'd probably model it as RT groups, so that you could usefully model
> who's part of which customer.  The big "hard" bits are probably
> setting
> RT up to not mail everyone from a customer on every issue ;)

Personally I'd probably want a single user still to own the bug, but
have that user somehow belong to the customer entity.

-Kely