[rt-users] How to mimic 2.0 "at a glance" in a helpdesk-like setup

Ruslan Zakirov ruslan.zakirov at gmail.com
Mon Feb 5 21:19:39 EST 2007

On 2/6/07, Boris Jordanov <jordanov at brg.bg> wrote:
> Hi RT users,
> I'm trying to set up a helpdesk like setup (RT 3.6.3) with no success.
> Here is what I want to do:
>
> 1. A common queue - named "helpdesk" (this is OK, it's up and running +
> the mail gate).
> 2. User groups for every customer - containing 1 to 3 users allowed to
> create tickets on behalf of the customer, that's OK too.
> 3. I want the customers to see the tickets they created - everything
> that is not resolved. I saw in the docs that this was the default for RT
> 2.0?
If customers are not privileged they have the SelfService which suits you needs.
Otherwise you can setup "RT At Glance" with whatever query you want. So you
can get a page with "top X tickets where I'm watcher of any type".

> 4. And at last, every customer must be able to see only the tickets
> requested from it's own group members.
I described one possible solution several times, but afaik nobody
posted it to the wiki. I don't want to do that once again.
Read [1], the thread even have partial solution. As well try to
search, there is should more info.

[1] http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/rt/users/54325

> How to achive this?!?
> TIA