[rt-users] Custom fields are not being displayed

Jesse Vincent jesse at bestpractical.com
Wed Feb 7 19:48:02 EST 2007

Alison Downie wrote:

> I am trying to upgrade from 3.0.8 to 3.6.1 and it all looked OK apart
> from not being able to see any Custom Fields when I display a ticket.
> Despite giving myself the appropriate rights (AdminCustomField etc) I
> cannot perform any configuration on them either. I am running on fc5,
> perl version 5.8.8-5, apache 1.3 and mysql 5.0.27. When I check the rt3
> database using mysql, both the CustomFields and CustomFieldValues tables
> appear to be populated correctly.
>
> I'm sure I'm missing something obvious but can anyone shed some light on
> this ?

(I'm on a plane and my mail client is claiming this message had no
replies. Apologies if it's already sorted.)

Starting in, IIRC, RT 3.4, we added per-custom-field access controls.
Head on over to "Configuration -> Custom Fields" and grant your groups
the rights to some custom fields and you should be all set.

Jesse