[rt-users] vanished lines in rt 3.6.1 reply

Kevin Falcone falcone at bestpractical.com
Mon Feb 12 15:38:56 EST 2007

On Feb 6, 2007, at 7:12 AM, Sven Sternberger wrote:

>>> I now recognized the following:
>>> I create a ticket with a line which something
>>> like /^\w+>/
>>> RESULT: ok
>>>
>>> I reply on these transaction and enter again /^\w+>/
>>> RESULT: ok
>>>
>>> I reply on the reply transaction with an /^\w+>/
>>> RESULT: the newly entered line vanish
>>>
>>> So it is pretty clear that the quote mechanism is
>>> broken if you have more than one reply level

Hi Sven

I'm trying to duplicate this so that I can write a test and fix this,
but I'm having trouble duplicating it.
Are you replying in the web interface or in a mail client?

I've created a local ticket that looks something like this (by
replying a lot) and haven't been able to replicate your problem.

 > > > cpan> foo
 > >
 > > cpan> install Math::Trig
 >
 > frob> foo<>

foo

Does this look like what you're seeing when lines disappear?
It would be interesting to see the HTML of the page where cpan> lines
disappear

Thanks

-kevin