[rt-users] 3.6.3 - sorting on Custom Fields still not working?

Joop JoopvandeWege at mococo.nl
Tue Feb 13 02:26:15 EST 2007

Joe Casadonte wrote:
> On 2/12/2007 11:11 AM, Ruslan Zakirov wrote:
>
>> I've applied the Joop's patch to DBIx::SearchBuilder module, please,
>> try the latest development version from the CPAN.
>
> Thanks Joop & Ruslan!
>
> I grabbed the latest version (6974) of
> DBIx::SearchBuilder::Handle::Oracle.pm via the web svn interface.  With
> the new code the search reports 9 result found (correct) but only
> displays 5 of them, and not in the correct order.  I have backed the
> changes out and everything is back to the way it was.  Can I not take
> just this one file and no other recent changes in the package?
>
> If there's anything I can do to help debug this, please let me know.
> Thanks again!

OK. RT-3.6.3 has the possibility to log sql statements. Please turn this
on and try to find the query which is not producing the correct results.
We might be talking about different things.
I'll do the same in the clients RT with patch and without, hoping they
don't mind the slight interruption.
The problem that we were facing is that you start with entering CF's and
ordering is fine until either you delete some CF's or start moving them
around and then suddenly the ordering isn't correct any more, the reason
is that Oracle gets its rows, probably, in entered order until you
disturb it by deleted records. This makes it hard to reproduce in a test
environment by entering CF's and looking whether they come out in order
or not.

Joop