[rt-users] No Answers :-(

Torben Nehmer torben.nehmer at cancom.de
Wed Feb 14 05:34:44 EST 2007

Hi,

I have been using RT for a while now and I must say that I am very happy with it as a product.

What I'm a bit dissapointed is the fact, that I didn't get any response at all to two questions I have been asking here on the list, one about a Problem with text/html mails [1], and another about default ticket filtres [2].

[1]: http://lists.fsck.com/pipermail/rt-users/2006-November/042987.html, http://lists.fsck.com/pipermail/rt-users/2006-November/043010.html, http://lists.fsck.com/pipermail/rt-users/2006-November/043011.html, http://lists.fsck.com/pipermail/rt-users/2006-November/043012.html
[2]: http://lists.fsck.com/pipermail/rt-users/2007-January/043699.html

In both cases I'd be happy even with a first few insights where to start searching. I have quite some experience in application development in itself, but I have almost no knowledge of RT internals and not the time to spend hours in understanding the whole architecture. Heck, even pointers at existing Documents etc. would be a help, I searched for the problems, but i didn't find anything useful.

I know that support is always a problem with open source software (I have been leading an OSS Project for years), but just not answering in any way isn't exactly what I'd expect. Please don't destroy the very good impression I currently have from RT by letting this slide entirely. Currently our RT instance here is only used by a few people, but we have plans of opening it up to around a thousand employees here and there it will be a problem.

Yours sincerely,
Torben Nehmer

-------
Torben Nehmer
Diplom Informatiker (FH)
Business System Developer

CANCOM Deutschland GmbH
Messerschmittstr. 20
89343 Scheppach
Germany

Phone: +49 (0)8225 - 996-1118
Fax: +49 (0)8225 - 996-41118
torben.nehmer at cancom.de <mailto:torben.nehmer at cancom.de>

CANCOM Deutschland GmbH
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Jettingen-Scheppach
HRB 10653 Memmingen
Geschäftsführer: Paul Holdschik, Christian Linder