[rt-users] Custom fields for Queues

Torsten Brumm | Kuehne + Nagel torsten.brumm at kuehne-nagel.com
Thu Feb 15 08:02:07 EST 2007

OK, let me explain a scenario:

You have one RT, with many thousand Queues. We have internally at KN many
different subsidiaries with internal cross billing.

Lets pick up the Queue Information you have at this moment:

Queue Name:
Queue Description:

And some Fields for other information, thats OK,  but it would be much more
better if you can add, like you can do at the users cf's, some cf's to a
queue with information about this queue.

Example:

Queue Name: KN.APPLICATION-SUPPORT
Queue Description: Suport for Application xyz
Queue Owner: Torsten Brumm
Queue Requestor: Jesse Vincent
Billing to: Bestpractical
Budget Code: HAMBURG4711

And so on. And at the best, this could be displayed if active to the
overview screen of the Admin/Queues screen.

Can you understand me???

In our example we have another important point - the german workers council
and Reporting.

As you may know form our last training, we do reporting of rt tickets with
Business Objects and we have to make sure, that a queue with german users is
not reported by BO, so for this case a CF on a Queue Like "Reporting -
yes/no" would also make sense and so on and on.

See you in Amsterdam!

Torsten

--
With kindest regards