[rt-users] CLI Question - Add Users to group per Scrip

Bob Goldstein bobg at uic.edu
Thu Feb 15 11:54:25 EST 2007

>Hi,
>
>Again just another question for the CLI Part. Has anyone a idea how to add a
>set of users per scrip to a group?
>
>Lets say, i have a list of 500 User that are needed to be member of a single
>group?

  This isn't a direct answer, but several months ago I was wrestling with
  a similar issue of users and groups.  Although I'm sure I could hammer
  in some code to do this, after reading through the REST code, I started
  thinking about what would be involved in a REST2 interface, something
  that would provide more structure for extensions or modifications
  on the server end.

  I haven't coded anything yet, but I did write up some notes
  on what a new wire protocol and code organization might be like.

     http://tigger.uic.edu/~bobg/rt_api.html

  Comments are welcome.  I'm mostly convinced, but not 100%
  sure this is a good way to go.  And probably my notes
  would change if/when I start building this.

     bobg