[rt-users] Q: rt-mailgate: "exited with EX_TEMPFAIL"

Bob Goldstein bobg at uic.edu
Sat Feb 17 12:21:41 EST 2007

Note that rt-mailgate uses LWP to make a web connection.
It inserts the mail through the web, not directly into the database.
Be sure your RT web server is configured to allow connections
from the machine running rt-mailgate.  Also, I noticed your
url had 'https'.  Dont' know if there could be issues there.

Anyway, I'm guessing you won't see any RT error messages
because the process is stopping at the web server, not making
it into RT.

I'd start by adding '--debug' to the rt-mailgate command line,
and run it by hand.

  bobg