[rt-users] Clean way to force users to enter Time Worked before the ticket can be resolved

Ian Clancy ClancyIan at cel.ie
Tue Feb 20 05:33:14 EST 2007

Hi List,
I'm using RT as an IT Support system and i'm happy to report that this
works very well. I'd like to run a report at the end of each week/month
that would display the amount of time each employee spent working on
tickets. I need some way to ensure that the user enter the Time Worked
field for the report to be accurate. Is there a clean way to force users
to enter Time Worked before the ticket can be resolved.
Maybe a scrip that would work something like :
On Resolve <check that Time Worked has a valid entry and if not change
status to open again>
My perl isn't the best so I'm not sure how you might go about doing this.
Any Ideas ?
Thanks in advance

--
Ian Clancy