[rt-users] References header missing on AutoreplyOnResolve

Iounes GARDON /iog .Y iounes.gardon at mikrosimage.fr
Thu Feb 22 09:02:37 EST 2007

Hello,

I'm using RT 3.6.3 at my work and I need some help and/or explanation.
When a ticket is closed, we want to send a mail to the requestor. A
classic behaviour of RT.
I noticed that the References header aren't set properly on mails sent by
RT himself. I need this absolutely.

A user send a mail to open a new ticket :
The Message-ID looks like :
<lv.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.xxxxxx at domain.com>

When a user reply to the requestor through RT, the References header is
set properly.
The Message-ID looks like :
<rt.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.xxxxxx at domain2.org>

When the same user close the ticket, the mail sent by RT to notify the
requestor that his ticket is closed doesn't contain the references header.
The Message-ID looks like :
<rt.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.xxxxxx at domain2.org>

domain2.org is set in the RT_SiteConfig.pm
Set($Organization , "domain2.org");

I've seen in the rt3/lib/RT/Action/SendEmail.pm that the code involved for
setting References header is the following :

sub SetReferencesHeaders {

    # There are two main cases -- this transaction was created with
    # the RT Web UI, and hence we want to *not* append its Message-ID
    # to the References and In-Reply-To.  OR it came from an outside
    # source, and we should treat it as per the RFC
    if ( "@msgid" =~ /<(rt-.*?-\d+-\d+)\.(\d+-0-0)\@$RT::Organization>/) {

      # Make all references which are internal be to version which we
      # have sent out
      for (@references, @in_reply_to) {
        s/<(rt-.*?-\d+-\d+)\.(\d+-0-0)\@$RT::Organization>$/
          "<$1." . $self->TicketObj->id .
             "-" . $self->ScripObj->id .
             "-" . $self->ScripActionObj->{_Message_ID} .
             "@" . $RT::Organization . ">"/eg
      }

      $self->SetHeader( 'In-Reply-To', join( " ",  ( @in_reply_to )));

      # Default the references to whatever we're in reply to
      @references = @in_reply_to unless @references;

      # References are unchanged from internal
    } else {
      $self->SetHeader( 'In-Reply-To', join( " ",  ( @msgid )));

      # Default the references to whatever we're in reply to
      @references = @in_reply_to unless @references;

      # Push that message onto the end of the references
      push @references, @msgid;
    }

}

I'm not experienced in perl so..... I can't figure out what's wrong with
this References header. How can I resolve this please?