[rt-users] Google Summer of Code

Jesse Vincent jesse at bestpractical.com
Wed Feb 28 16:49:44 EST 2007

On Wed, Feb 28, 2007 at 04:43:49PM -0500, Dmitri Tikhonov wrote:
> Jesse Vincent wrote:
> >What would you like to do/see done as part of a RT summer of code
> >project?
>
> Hi Jesse,
>
> How about improving performance for very large databases (I am talking
> millions of tickets)?  There are a couple of approaches I have been
> considering:

I sort of suspect that this one will be relatively hard to pass off as a
student project for the summer (though I've been surprised before ;)

I've recently spent some time with an RT instance running on an entirely
unoptimized MySQL 4.1 with about a million and a half tickets.
Performance was surprisingly eppy (most page loads were well under a
second).  What kinds of performance are you seeing? And how many
millions?

Best,
Jesse