[rt-users] RT 3.6.3 - WebURL not Expanding for Ticket Display

Matthew Keller kellermg at potsdam.edu
Tue Jan 2 09:55:14 EST 2007

On Tue, 2007-01-02 at 08:44 -0600, David Gohara wrote:
>    The only place I see a reference to "Search - My Tickets" is in
> etc/initialdata. Since I'm not familiar with RT on the back end
> (again this system was just handed to us), I'm not certain if this is
> the file I should edit or not. I recall in looking through the
> install manuals that this is for the initial setup of the system. If
> this isn't the correct database file, could you be so kind as to
> point me to where I can find the correct file?

RT needs a database server, and most likely it's a MySQL server. If
you're not familiar with it, I'd pass this on to someone who is:

In the rt3 database, Attributes table, is a a record for "Search
- My Tickets" ... it needs to say:

where it says:

>    Also, what tool would I use to base64 decode the database if
> necessary?

A little Perl ditty:

use MIME::Base64;

print decode_base64(join(' ', at ARGV));