[rt-users] Upgrade RT 3.4 to 3.6 on Debian

Raj Mathur raju at linux-delhi.org
Tue Jan 2 10:56:07 EST 2007

Hi,

I recently upgraded my Debian system running RT 3.4.5-1 with
PostgreSQL.  The upgrade caused some issues, including the one
described in:

  http://lists.fsck.com/pipermail/rt-users/2005-August/033304.html

I fixed that by hacking the code in Elements/Callback to change the
path to comp_root_array.  However there are still issues in the
system, e.g. not being able to search for tickets based on number.

I was wondering if anyone has upgraded from RT 3.4 to 3.6 on Debian
(Debian package: request-tracker3.6 version 3.6.1-3)?  Was the
upgrade smooth, or if not, is there something I can do to make the
transition smooth?

Failing that, is there a more permanent fix for the issue in RT 3.4 on
Debian?

Regards,

-- Raju
--
Raj Mathur            raju at kandalaya.org   http://kandalaya.org/
       GPG: 78D4 FC67 367F 40E2 0DD5  0FEF C968 D0EF CC68 D17F