[rt-users] Problems with RTFM, e.g. search on custom fields

Ulrike Lindemann Ulrike.Lindemann at desy.de
Mon Jan 8 04:09:45 EST 2007

Hi,
I posted this a few days before christmas, but no answer, so I try again
today:

We run RT 3.6.1, RTFM 2.2.0RC4 and we
have problems concerning the Search function namely the search on the
custom fields we have defined:

1)
We defined several custom  fields for an article of the RTFM and would
like to search on these custom fields.
We do it as follows:
- click on Overview in the RTFM
- click on one class
- then edit the search criteria
	- select in the advanced search a custom field and enter a search term
- results in a list of all articles of that class

Bookmarkable Link is e.g.
https://..../RTFM/Article/Search.html?Problem~=outlook&class=6

2)
When replying to a ticket in the RT, we put a search term in "Search for
RTFM articles matching".
Every article is listed twice, if the search term occurs in the title
and in a custom field. A occurence in the summary is not listed twice.

Any ideas or hints are welcome!

Thanks, Ulrike

OS: Scientific Linux (RHEL based)